Our Privacy Principles
Last reviewed : 09 March 2020
Information We Collect
The personal information we collect is related to providing the Platform and its features and falls into two general categories:
- Information you provide to us
- Information collected automatically
Information You Provide
We ask for and collect the below personal information when you use the Platform.
You don’t need to register for an account in order to visit or use my Platform. However, certain Services require that you register for an account and, by doing so, you will need to provide us with certain information:
- Account Information – When you register any kind of account, you will need to provide your email address, your age, and choose a password. In addition, if you purchase a Subscription, you will also need to provide your real name, billing address, and payment verification information.
- Profile Information – you may choose, at your discretion, to provide additional information for your public profile on the platform – for example:
- your real name
- a user name (which may be your real name or a pseudonym)
- the city and country in which you live
- a profile picture, profile header image or avatar
- information about how you categorize yourself with respect to your content (for example, whether you are a musician, a label or some other category of creator)
- details of your other websites and social media profiles, including links to those pages
- your gender if you wish to provide it
- any additional information you choose to provide as part of your public profile, such as your real name, and links to your website and other social media profiles (but not your email address), will be published on your profile page. This information will be publicly accessible and may be viewed by anyone accessing the Website, or using our API or other Services.
- Communications – When you communicate with us by email or through the Platform, or use the Platform to communicate with other users, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
- Survey Information – If you participate in any survey, you may provide certain personal data as part of your response, unless you respond anonymously.
- Information You Post – You may provide personal data when you upload Sounds to the Platform, or when you post comments, or contribute to community discussions.
Information We Collect Automatically
- Usage Information – We collect information about your interactions with the Platform, including the pages that you visit and links you click on, streaming, offline listening or downloading tracks, uploading or recording tracks, posting a comment, performing a search, the time, frequency and duration of your visits to the Platform, and whether you interact with email messages, for example, if you opened, clicked on, or forwarded the email message.
- Log Data – We automatically collect log information when you use the Platform, even if you have not registered for an account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used the Platform (including links to third party sites or services), Internet Protocol (IP) address, access times, your browser type and operating system, device information, device event information (e.g., crashes, browser type), and the page you’ve viewed or engaged with before or after using the Platform.
- Location Data – When you use certain features of the Platform, we may collect data about your general location (e.g. IP address). We use this data to provide you with location-based services (such as advertising and personalized content). Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings.
- Device Information – We collect information from and about the devices you use, including how you interact with the Platform and information about the device itself, such as the hardware model, operating system, IP addresses, cookie information, device settings, mobile device and advertising identifiers, apps installed, browser type, language, battery level and time zone. Apple’s iOS Advertising Identifier (IDFA) and Google’s Android Advertising ID are examples of device identifiers. This information allows us to recognize and associate your activity, and provide personalized content and advertising, consistently across all of your devices.
- Software Development Kits – We may use third parties including our business partners and service providers who use mobile SDKs to collect information and information related to how mobile devices interact with the Platform. An SDK is computer code that app developers can include in their apps to enable ads to be shown, data to be collected and related services and functionality to be implemented. We may use this technology, for instance, to analyze how you interact with content and advertisements and to enable analytics or other features through mobile devices.
How We Use Your Information
We use the personal information we collect from you, including with the help of automated systems and decision making, for a range of different business purposes according to different legal bases of processing and subject to the choices you make.
Cookies and Similar Technology
Bethel Edison brand maintains appropriate technical, administrative, and physical safeguards that are designed to prevent unauthorized access, use or disclosure of personal information we collect or store and to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk of varying likelihood and severity for the rights and freedoms of natural persons that may be involved with our processing operations. We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. However, it is not possible to guarantee the security of information transmitted over the Internet. You use the Platform and provide us with information at your own discretion and risk.
International Data Transfers
We disclosed the categories of personal information above, including to our service providers and affiliates, for a range of operational business purposes, including:
- IP address and device ID
- Age and gender you provide
- General location information
- Inferred music preferences based on your use of the Platform
We do not otherwise “sell” personal information.
Exercising Your Privacy Rights
- Right to Opt Out: You have the right to opt-out of any future “sale” of personal information about you by adjusting your Settings in the “Advertising” tab.
- Other Rights: You also have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights listed above.