When the containers were all full, she said to her son, “Bring me another container.” And he said to her, “There is not a one left.” Then the oil stopped multiplying.
[1 Kings 4:6]
HOW DO YOU ATTRACT THIS MAGIC
In that pot, however, she had the makings for a miracle, something more valuable than silver and gold. Oil in the Bible represents the Holy Spirit.
When you have the oil of the Spirit, you have the makings for a miracle of supply. The Church today has the oil of the Spirit. In this miraculous hour we must realize how rich we are in His Spirit.
- “Cleanse your mind; clean up your act” and in the fullest sense as God himself removes your desire for impure thinking and impure ways of acting.
- God purifies your being from the inside. “Seeing” God: knowing him as your Father (by being in His presence) is the blessing promised in this beatitude.
CONSIDER THESE FIVE STEPS WITH KEEN INTEREST AND CONSISTENCY
- Don’t shift your focus from God to material things.
- Invest in God’s kingdom work consistently
- Don’t let what God has blessed you with take God’s place in your life.
- Avoid to many excuses.
- Don’t sleep spiritually – always stay active in Praise and alert in Prayers
And our Lord has this oil of joy and gladness in this sense too — that His person and His work are the cause of unconditional gladness in others.
It fills us with great pleasure only to think of Him. “The very thought of Him with sweetness fills my heart.” What gladness He created when He was here with us.
And if the Lord Jesus be with us, we can give joy to others. There are some whose very presence comforts others, their words are so full of consolation and help. BE THAT ONE!